About Me

My photo
This is a blog with stories inspired by a muse known as Eddie. I respect this man thoroughly and I do not mean to insult him in any way. This is just a fantasy. Please leave comments. I write for myself mainly, but an occasional comment is highly appreciated.

Thursday 7 August 2014

5. Sleep







That night I did not sleep well. It was a warm night. I had the doors on my balcony open. There was a soft wind that moved the curtains. I slept in an old tee he once left. It was ripped apart a bit. Brownish, with the name of some club written on it with a black marker. It had memories on it, but the scent was gone.
The moon was half full. I saw it through the mosquito-net.
A slight breeze brought the smell of honeysuckle and I slumbered away.

Waves, the sea. Salt. I tasted salt. Salt on his skin.

Woke up again. Went to the bathroom. Peed and drank some water. Stumbled to the balcony. Sleep drunk. Some cats screamed. Saw something moving in the darkness. A shadow. Then gone. The cry of a barn owl. Stars. I yawned and lay down on my bed.

His shy smile, his frown. The corner of his mouth. Friendly ivory guards. Watching while he talked.

I turned. Sweat on my skin. A rustle. I kicked the sheet of the bed. Punched my pillow into shape. The curtain, did it just fall back? Looked at the clock. Sighed. Stared at the nook of the net. Closed my eyes.

Waves, sand between my toes, his smile, glistening drops in his beautiful wet hair. Shaking it, like a dog.

A light imprint on the bed. I mumbled something. A soothing sound. I shifted my body. Flat on my belly. A cool whisper of air along my spine. Something stroked my hair. Breathing. I was heavy with sleep. Warmth. I felt warmth. In my neck, on my cheek. Breathing, warm breath, near my ear, moving my hair. Shivering.

When he looked at me. His eyes. Blue as the ocean. Changing color. His laugh, his kiss. Tongue in my mouth. His taste.

My tee, his tee, moved smoothly high up. Strands of hair glided over me, the tips of fingers, toughing my skin. Lips, tongue, tracing, following the curves of my body. I moaned. I was so tired. I could not move. Deep sleep, half sleep.
Warm hands turned me around. I tried to see, darkness, a faint silhouette. Familiar, wanted, impossible, impossible, impossible. Heavy eyelids made me fall in that well of dreams again.

The sun. Lying next to him. Deserted beach. His hand on my breast. Lust. Everything white. Pale. Sea splashing against rocks.


Silken skin beside me. Words were whispered. The palm of a hand against my cheek. A thumb stroking my lips. A soft kiss. I heard a familiar chuckle. I tried to slide my leg over that presence. Warm, yet cool. That body lying next to me. I grabbed him. A gasp. I wanted to hold on. So long ago. Too long.

Nothing. Emptiness. The curtains moved. A thump. Rustling through shrubs. I drifted away.

No comments:

Post a Comment